How the vintage Metropolis bag was customized!

Hello to those who visit us from La Fabrica de Lunas on Etsy, a greeting also for you who visits us from other places on the web. As I told you, this is an entry on how the vintage Metrópolis bag was customized and restored.
It is a very complete process with photographs.
A few months ago I found this beautiful cream bridal purse made in Hong Kong in the 60s but with bag style of the 30s. As I always do an investigation of the bags that I buy, I found that it was a very simple embroidery by comparison of others and that I needed a touch of La Fabrica de Lunas.
Inspiring me in the 30s I decided to add a touch with a girl with an art deco headdress. And to not bore you here I leave the photos!

Hola a los que nos visitan desde La Fabrica de Lunas en Etsy, un saludo también para ti que nos visitas desde otros lugares de la web. Como les dije esta es una entrada de como se customizo y restauro la cartera vintage Metrópolis.
Es un proceso muy completo con fotografías.
Hace unos meses me encontré esta hermosa cartera de novia color crema hecha en Hong Kong en los años 60 pero con estilo de cartera de los años 30.  Como siempre realizo una investigación de las carteras que compro, encontré que era un bordado muy sencillo a comparación de otras y que necesitaba un toque de La Fabrica de Lunas.
Inspirándome en los años 30 decidí agregar un toque con una chica de tocado art deco. Y para no aburrirlos aquí les dejo las fotos! 


  The garrison was badly damaged as well as the internal cardboard lining that had to be removed and replaced.
La guarnición estaba muy dañada así como el forro de carton interno que debieron ser retirados y sustituidos.

.











The frame is separated from the embroidered fabric.
El marco esta separado de la tela bordada.



After choosing one of my exclusive cabochons, I dedicate myself to embroider a couple of hours!
Luego de escoger unos de mis cabuchones exclusivos, me dedico a bordar un par de horas!


When finishing the embroidery the threads are sealed and the applique is adhered.
Al terminar el bordado se sellan los hilos y se adhiere el aplique.









Now I make a new garrison with the same measures

Ahora hago una nueva guarnición con las mismas medidas













Now we sew the frame to the rest bag in the same way it was fastened!
Ahora cosemos el marco al resto de la cartera de la misma forma en la estaba sujetada!









And now this list!
Y ahora esta lista!



Comments